Tuesday, April 05, 2005

R.I.P. Pope John Paul II

The Pope's passing really brought his life's work into the forefront. I am a Catholic, but I was never a real verbatim follower of the Church or the Pope. But seeing so many people come out in droves and how they adored this man is absolutely incredible. In short, this was a man of peace, love and freedom proved it throughout the world. Just the fact that the godless Soviet Union government saw him as such a threat to their power that they orchestrated the 1981 assassination attempt speaks volumes about this man's ability to touch people and encourage freedom for all. I cannot possibly write anything as well as, or to the extent to, the many written tributes I've read to Pope John Paul II so all I will say is this was an amazing man and truly one of God's gifts to the world. Rest in Peace, Il Papa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home