Friday, May 06, 2005

News That Made Me Smile

Today, I read something that made me smile. If you can get through this, you'll see why:

My thoughts on Global Warming:

I've always thought that the whole Global Warming theory was silly. This is my reason why:

Our planet is over 4,550,000,000 years old. It's a pretty long time. To get a good concept of just how long that period of time is, the first species of human beings evolved about 100,000 years ago, about 1/4,550th of the time the earth has been around. Our own recorded history dates back just a mere 10,000 years!

Here is a site that can help you visualize just how long the earth has been around compared to how short we've been around. As you can see, a human timeline is as minimal as you can possibly fathom.

If you're still following me, thank you. I promise I will get to the point as soon as I can.

During these 4 billion plus years, there have been many, many weather changes. For example, the weather will be a few degrees chillier than normal for 250 years (known as a supercycle), then warm up to whatever the normal average temperature is for the next 250 years, then maybe warm up to a few degrees above normal for the next 250 years, etc. Now that you've gotten the point, there are many different types of weather cycles. A supercycle is about 250 years, but there are many cycles of weather up to a what's called a hypercycle, which is almost 2,300 years long!

The point is the earth's weather is always changing. Sometimes the change takes place over 2,000 years.

So, am I supposed to believe some enviromentalist, global warming wacko's theory that the earth's atmosphere is burning up which will lead to major catastrophic events and doom us all because it is warmer than it was 100 years ago?

Am I supposed to believe Al Gore when he gives a speech on global warming when it's -1 degrees out?

Stop driving SUVs! Recycle! No more pollution! Stop deforestation! No more power plants!

Give me a break. Get a job, do something important.

So, today I read an article that made me smile.

Turns out that the enviros that have been behind all the never-ending laws and regulations on our energy consumption could be, the very people responsible for their "Global Warning Crisis."

Right now, I am daydreaming of starting up a 1969 gas guzzling Camaro, lighting up a cigarette and giving the middle finger to a bunch of trust-fund-kid-enviromentalists with a big smile on my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home